My business depends on training students and beginners on Drupal, and within weeks turning them into productive Drupal developers. Over the years, I have gone through this process dozens of times, and have identified the key skills that make the difference between success and failure in learning Drupal.
The topics will include:
- Motivation: Why you should learn Drupal?
- Philosophical background: How to think like a developer?
- What to expect as a Drupal developer, themer or site-builder?
- How to be productive in Linux: command line, editors, grep/find, etc.
- SSH: ssh-keys, scp/sftp, rsync, port forwarding/tunneling
- HTML, CSS, LESS/SASS
- Development Tools: Chrome, NetBeans, HeidiSQL, Git
- Next steps: Where to start learning Drupal development.
You can see the presentation slides and other resources here.